Lighten up, it’s just fashion!

24 Apr

You win a PRIZE if you are the first person to correctly guess where this handmade man purse made from ethernet cables was spotted today!
murse

murse

11 Responses to “Lighten up, it’s just fashion!”

1. ansley Friday, April 24, 2009 at 11:16 am #

ga tech campus?

• pecanne log Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 8:07 pm #

You win but I heard you don’t work at _____ anymore so I can’t mail the prize to you there. Remind me the next time we meet.

2. Jenny Friday, April 24, 2009 at 1:19 pm #

Looks like GA State to me.

3. Clint Zeagler Saturday, April 25, 2009 at 10:19 am #

Um, this is one of my GaTech Sophomore studio ID student’s projects. They had to make something viable from reclaimed materials. It is made from left over tv and video cable from Turner Studios.

4. Mark Davis Monday, April 27, 2009 at 8:18 am #

Georgia State’s MARTA stop. It’s obvious.

5. pecanne log Monday, April 27, 2009 at 2:02 pm #

Ok Ansley, you win the prize. This was indeed at Georgia Tech.

On second thought, I should have disqualified ID alumni from guessing, but that would have given away too much.

6. Lennon Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 3:36 am #

I’m amazed so many people got this

7. RamblinDesigner Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 2:58 pm #

So I’m the student in the picture with the “purse.” It’s actually a sling bag that’s meant to be worn over the shoulder and diagonally across the back (adjustable via the re-purposed belt buckle), but for some reason I was carrying it by hand at that particular moment.

But, yeah, to make the bag we stripped the copper out of the wire casings and then wove the casings together with the wire from inside. The “buttons” that keep the bag closed are co-ax cable ends. I wear it around, and it gets some interesting looks.

8. pecanne log Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 3:02 pm #

I’ll call it a purse if I want! I knew Clint would tip you off!

9. RamblinDesigner Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 5:08 pm #

You say purse, I say man-bag….we’re all talking about the same thing anyway, right? So who wants to help me bring it to market?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Atlanta Blogs Today: Tragedy, bocce, and goodbye | Fresh Loaf - Monday, April 27, 2009

[...] at Pecanne Log spots the hottest trend in spring fashions during historic economic collapses! Recycled ethernet cables! [...]